Re: [CBQ] troop sleepers in mail service?

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] troop sleepers in mail service?
From: lyle dowell <slyone@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Mon, 09 Feb 2004 22:19:29 -0600
Thanks everyone,
  I was mostly curious about the cars in the picture in that they
appeared to be still relatively unmodified. I realize that all 300
weren't converted overnight, and would like to learn how these cars
would have been marked and what basic modifications might have done.
I've done a couple of the Cannonball Shops converted k'cars already, one
for passenger use and one for freight (with ladders and roofwalks) and
am thinking that an unconverted or mildly converted car might be next
project. How long did it take to convert the majority of the cars?
Anyone know of a source for photo(s) of these early ones?

Lyle Dowell

--

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511