[CBQ] troop sleepers in mail service?

To: ^Burlington Route List <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [CBQ] troop sleepers in mail service?
From: lyle dowell <slyone@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Sun, 08 Feb 2004 23:24:50 -0600
 I was reviewing bulletin #8 (Railway Mail Service on the Burlington)
and came across a photo that has got me curious. On page 14, the 2nd
shot has a pair of E-units pulling a mail train. The 1st two cars
*appear* to be non-converted troop kitchen cars. Were these used in some
form as mail cars , and if so identified as such? I can see where they
might have been used as freight cars in this train, but it is described
fast-mail train. Its a 1951 photo so I could see where the cars might
still be in close to original state. I'm curious if someone can tell me
more about the appearance, markings, etc. of these cars. Thanks for any
and all info'

Lyle Dowell

--