[BRHSlist] Commercial Post THE CALIFORNIA ZEPHYR RETURNS

To: brhslist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [BRHSlist] Commercial Post THE CALIFORNIA ZEPHYR RETURNS
From: John Lee <BNJohn@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2003 18:01:27 -0800 (PST)

Dave Lotz <dave_lotz@charter.net> wrote:

THE CALIFORNIA ZEPHYR RETURNS

APRIL 15-18, 2004

UPDATE NOTICE NUMBER 1

NOVEMBER 10, 2003

This is a update e mail regarding the planned THE CALIFORNIA ZEPHYR RETURNS
excursions scheduled for April 15-18, 2004 between Oakland and Sparks in
conjunction with the Western Pacific 2004 Convention and sponsored by Trains
Unlimited, Tours and the Feather River Rail Society.

Trains Unlimited, Tours officially opened up bookings for this event on October
25, 2003.  During these 15 days of accepting bookings the response has been
quite good.  Counting all planned five excursions we have received some 75
bookings.  I want to make sure that this booking drive continues so that you
can

have a good shot of totally selling out the train on all excursions.  This will
ensure that the Feather River Railroad Society will make a nice profit from
this venture not to mention the great publicity the society and

the Portola Railroad Museum will receive.

APRIL 15, 2004

RETURN APRIL 18, 2004

The California Zephyr excursion train runs Oakland to Sparks via Donner Pass
under Amtrak contract.

Bookings open to everyone.

                                      OW          RT

COACH SEAT................$249         $459

PULLMAN ROOM..........$269         $519

LOUNGE SEAT..............$259         $499

DOME SEAT..................$289         $559

APRIL 16, 2004

The California Zephyr excursion train makes a special run for WP Conventioneers
only from Sparks to Truckee and return.  This will be a morning run serving a
full onboard breakfast.

COACH SEAT..........................$189

DOME SEAT............................$289

After the train gets back to Sparks it will be on display in the Sparks-Reno
area for photos and tours inside.

APRIL 17, 2004

1. Full day excursion for the public from Sparks to Emigrant Gap and return.

COACH SEAT..........................$139

PULLMAN ROOM....................$189

LOUNGE SEAT........................$179

DOME SEAT............................$259

CHILDREN (4-12).....................$ -39 DISCOUNT

2. Evening "CZ" Dinner Train run Sparks to Truckee and return for the public.

DOWNSTAIRS.............................$129

DOME SEATING...........................$169

APRIL 18, 2004

The California Zephyr excursion train runs Sparks back to Oakland.   Bookings
open to everyone.  See prices above under April 15, 2004.

PUBLICITY ON THE WP AND CZ RELATED WEBSITES

Let's get the information up on all WP and CZ related websites as soon as
possible.  Webmasters that handle these websites are most welcome to use any
material that is on the Trains Unlimited, Tours website.  If you check out the
TUT website you will note that I have placed a big "CZ" logo at the top of my
home page that folks can click on that will take them directly to THE
CALIFORNIA ZEPHYR RETURNS information page which is now packed with
information, photos and all prices.  Also any webmasters are most welcome to
place a link on your website to direct traffic either to the Trains Unlimited,
Tours home page or direct to the Trains Unlimited, Tours California Zephyr
page.

TRAINS UNLIMITED, TOURS HOME PAGE:  www.trainsunlimitedtours.com

THE CALIFORNIA ZEPHYR RETURNS PAGE:
www.trainsunlimitedtours.com/domes-to-reno.html

ADVERTISING PROGRAM

Trains Unlimited, Tours has started the massive advertising program to get the
word out and promote these California Zephyr excursions.

1. 80,000 20 page all color Trains Unlimited, Tours brochures were mailed out
October 17.

2. During the third week of November we will mail out an additional 150,000
Trains Unlimited, Tours all

    color brochure to railroad clubs, railroad museums, model railroad clubs,
railroad historical societies

    and select hobby stores that are on our mailing list.  Each organization
will receive a packet of 50

    brochures to give out.  So as to help these organizations promote our "CZ"
excursions Trains Unlimited,

    Tours will be offering them a 8% commission on bookings.

3.  During mid January 2004 another general mailing to the railroad clubs,
railroad museums, model

     railroad clubs, railroad historical societies and select hobby stores will
include 70,000 additional

    all color Trains Unlimited, tours brochures.

4. Magazine ad's were placed in:  Classic Trains, Trains, Classic Toy Trains,
Garden Railways, Model

    Railroad, Annual Tourist RR Guide, Railfan & Railroad, and Model Railroad
Craftsman for the next

    couple of issues.

5. Additional magazine ad's will be placed in 11 more North  American railroad
type magazines for the

   two next issues within the next week.

6. Special Press releases will be mailed out to 2,600 railroad clubs, railroad
museums, model railroad

    clubs and select hobby stores within the next two weeks.

7. Special "CZ" promotional packets were mailed out on October 15, 2003  to
about 300 folks that had

    expressed an interesting in this project before we even starting promoting
it.

8. Starting the first of December a special banner ad will go up on the Trains
Magazine website promoting

    the California Zephyr Returns excursions.  The banner will have a link
directing traffic to the Trains

    Unlimited, Tours "CZ" page.

9. Special promotional CZ packets.  If anyone would like us to mail you our
special "CZ" excursion

    promotional packet please call or write.  Let us know how many copies you
would like.

I will keep all of you updated as we move closer to April 15, 2004.

Chris Skow

Tours Manager

Trains Unlimited, Tours

1105 Terminal Way, Suite 111