Re: [BRHSlist] Silver Charger

To: <BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Silver Charger
From: "Duncan Cameron" <d.cameron@sympatico.ca>
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2003 07:46:38 -0500
Marshall,
The information I have is that, at different times between 1953 and 1963,
9908 was used to pull trains 43 & 44 (and then trains 1 & 44) up the west
side of the Mississippi.  One of the BRHS calendars even included a
photograph made by Phil Weibler of 9908 pulling train 43 parked in front of
the Keokuk Union Depot.  I believe that by 1960 these trains may have run
only as far as West Quincy, but I thought I might fudge that reality a
little to get a shovelnose onto the layout.  If anyone can confirm or
challenge any of this, I'd be glad to hear.
Duncan Cameron