Re: [BRHSlist] Silver Charger

To: <BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Silver Charger
From: "John Lewis" <CBQJohn@msn.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2003 20:57:27 -0600
Seal-send-time: Mon, 10 Nov 2003 20:57:27 -0600
Duncan,

I have two Silver Chargers and the three cars (Silver Star, Silver Leaf, Silver
Eagle).  The current Budd cars by Walthers put these three to shame.  Hardly
any detail on the trucks, no interior, no glaze, no decals.

The Silver Charger looks okay (no glaze, decals, interior), but runs pretty bad
(no flywheel) and sounds even worse.

My cars and 9908 are usually parked on the layout, not operational.  Stack them
against the proposed release from Railway Classics (I've got one on order) or
the recent offerings of the 9900/9903, etc., and they don't come close.

It is nice to be able to go by the museum in St. Louis and visit 9908 (and
9939A) every now and then.

Regards from Lines East,

John Lewis
Palmyra Missouri