[BRHSlist] Re: Oil or coal

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [BRHSlist] Re: Oil or coal
From: "wrjensen" <Wrjensen@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 06 Nov 2003 17:35:04 -0000
I not sure about all of it but I will give my silly answer.
At Denver you would not see many/any FW&D Steam locos.  Most of the
time Steam power would have been pulled off and switch to C&S at
Texline.(end of the FW&D)  But this was not true with the Diesel
power.  FW&D and C&S diesel ran on either railroad .  FW&D had all
oil fired Steam power.  I let someone else speak on the C&S and CBQ
steam at Denver.  but I will sit in interest on how the divide the
oil/Coal power.

--- In BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com, "marcuj10" <Jonathan.marcus@b...>
wrote:
> As a total non-expert living in the UK could somebody please help
me
> with information on the distribution of oil and coal-fired steam
> engines for the late-steam period (late-1940's/early 1950's). I'm
> thinking of two locations - Denver and Kansas City. I'm planning to
> buy a Challenger brass steamer but need guidance on coal or oil.
I'm

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511