[BRHSlist] Station Signs

To: <BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [BRHSlist] Station Signs
From: <sdoyle19@idt.net>
Date: Thu, 6 Nov 2003 08:28:31 -0600
Can someone tell me how the decision was made as to whether to paint the town
name on the board and batten gable ends of the stations, and which were painted
on
signs and hung on the ends, or was there a period when the practice changed
from one style to the next?  In the case in which the letters were actually
painted on the structure, were the battens removed in that area or were the
letters just painted over them. Hard to to tell from the few color pictures I
have.  Finally, was there a standard height of the letters or the sign?
Many thanks,
Steve

Rent DVDs from home.
Over 14,500 titles. Free Shipping