Re: [BRHSlist] 1898 CB&Q equipment

To: <BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] 1898 CB&Q equipment
From: "Russell Strodtz" <vlbg@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2003 05:52:09 -0500
Rupert/Ken,

Slightly on the same topic, "big cars for light loads", the CB&Q
86' box cars were really not in parts service for very long. Don't
think they were able to establish any great volume of business.

In later years I did see a few loaded with plastic forks, spoons,
etc.  Must have been able to pile that right up to the roof. Do not
recall the where from and where to.

Russ