Re: [BRHSlist] 1898 CB&Q equipment

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] 1898 CB&Q equipment
From: Ken Martin <kmartin@cwia.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2003 23:04:21 -0700
Rupert,

There is a photo and plans of the 40' furniture car in I believe the
1898 Car Builders Cyclopedia and reprinded by Gregg as a Train Shed
Cyclopedia(which at the moment I can't find). Car 40' long, 13' 5" to
running board and 9' wide. Things like chairs are light and can be
stacked to some height.

Menashua Woodenware co. in Wisc. had some 50' cars to carry their
products. Years ago someone made a kit of this car which is what he was
refering to. Labelle has a similar car for the Racine Carraige cc. In
the 1909 Car bilders cyc. there are plans for for a Q 50' furniture car
- 50' long, 14' to running board, and 9'3" wide outside.

Ken Martin

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511