Re: [BRHSlist] 1898 CB&Q equipment

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] 1898 CB&Q equipment
From: Ken Martin <kmartin@cwia.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2003 20:13:35 -0700
The MDC stock car makes good stand in for the Class SM-7 a modification
of the door is needed. Labelle makes a stock car (FW&D, CM) that makes a
good stand in for a class SM-6. I built two MDC cars using normal frt
decals and did the "Palace Stock" with some Helvetica Dry transfers I
had. Haven't done the LaBelle kit yet.

Ken Martin

zephyr9903 wrote:

> On Mon, 22 Sep 2003 14:21:34 -0500, Virginia Edgar wrote
>
> (and then Marshall Thayer intersperses comments, questions & speculations)
>

> > Stock cars included "Palace", horse and double deck.
>
> The "Palace" designation on stock cars at that time generally referred to
> built-in feed & watering provisions.  Externally, these provisions could
> often be spotted by horizontal sheathing (no slat spaces) below the roof.
> The BB on stock cars had pix of these:  They even had bold black lettering
> stating "Palace Stock Car" along the yellow-painted band.  The MDC "old time
> stock car" has this sheathing, and would make a fair stand-in . . . any
> interest in a decal set for these cars?

ReplayTV: CNet Ranked #1 over Tivo!
Instant Replay & Pause live TV.
Special Sale: 50% off!