Re: [BRHSlist] Silverware

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Silverware
From: Ayodele Rivers <ayodelerivers@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2003 20:26:53 -0700 (PDT)
Hi,
I am still looking for the original color numbers (hue, tint, etc.), and the
company that provided the paint for a particular BR Caboose. The caboose that I
am talking about reads as follows:
in the front at the top:
BN 10331

on the right side, near the end:
Retired
BN-CB
10-86

Is there a BRHS Archives, and if so do you know how I may be able to get in
contact with the BRHS Archives?
Thank you for your time.

-Ayo Rivers
Cell phone: (202) 486-0833

"Ralph W. Brown, Jr." <cbq682@grics.net> wrote:
I have a friend who back in 1976 obtained three Burlington Route dinnerware
items.  He does not want to sell them.  He would like to know about them, as
well as I.  There is one silver plate, one silver coffee container, and one
silver creamer container.

The first item, the plate, is 5 5/8" round with black groves around the top
outside edge.  On the bottom it is stamped:

International Silver Co.
5 5/8 IN
05070

The second item, the coffee container, has the letters "BR" printed on the
side.  On the bottom it is stamped:

Reed & Barton
3 700B3
14oz

Off to the side of the above printing is a small number 54.  I noticed that
this same number is stamped on the inside of the lid.  This item has many small
scratches on it.  There is no dents, just signs of much wear.

The third item, the creamer container, has the letters "BR" printed on the
side.  On the bottom it is stamped:

Reed & Barton
3 700B3
8oz

Off to the side of the above printing is a small number 1.  I noticed that this
same number is stamped on the inside of the lid.  This item has many small
scratches on it.  There is no dents, just signs of much wear.

If anyone has any information concerning these items (age, value, history of
use, etc.) I would love to know.  Thank you.

R.W. Brown, Jr.
Galesburg, IL

Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511