[BRHSlist] The caboose in Brownville NE

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [BRHSlist] The caboose in Brownville NE
From: Ayodele Rivers <ayodelerivers@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2003 15:12:47 -0700 (PDT)
To All'
As most of you know by now, my name is Ayo Rivers and I am on the AmeriCorps
team working on restoring the caboose in Brownville NE. I need to find the
color number (hue, tint, etc.) of the caboose located in Brownville Nebraska.
The caboose's information is as follows:

In the front at the top in the center reads: BN 10331

On the side near the back reads:
Retired
BN-CB
10-86

This particular caboose was originally CB&Q 13560, the 1st of the NE12a's
built. Built August 1960 at the Havelock shops in Havelock, NE. My role is to
find the color number (hue, tint, etc.) of this caboose, and what company
manufactured the paint that was supplied for this caboose. And what numbers and
lettering was on this caboose when it was built? Also where the numbers and
letters were placed.

If anyone has any specific contact information for the Illinois Railway Museum
in Union, IL, that would be very helpful?
Also, if anyone has the specific contact information for the Havelock shops in
Havelock NE(The shops that this caboose was built at) that would be helpful as
well?

Thank you for your support.

-Ayo Rivers
(402) 825-6441
cell: (202) 486-0833

Dave Lotz <dave_lotz@charter.net> wrote:

Dear Ayo,

I'm in charge of the BRHS Archives.  The waycar you have is an ex-BN No.
10331 nee CB&Q No. 13560 NE12 class waycar that was built in the CB&Q's
Havelock shops in August of 1960.  It was originally silver with red stripes
and a large Burlington Route herald.  The Illinois Railway Museum recently
repainted a similar waycar and might be able to help you with the paint
specifications.   The BRHS Archives can provide a painting & Styling diagram
that may be of assistance.

David Lotz