Re: [BRHSlist] Re: NE12 Waycar Question

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Re: NE12 Waycar Question
From: "zephyr9903" <zephyr9903@iowatelecom.net>
Date: Sat, 23 Aug 2003 22:16:48 -0600
On Sat, 23 Aug 2003 23:33:51 -0000, qmp211 wrote
> Hi Mike & Malcolm,
>
> From 2 photos to published in The Burlington Waycars -
>
> 13540 did not have the red end panels.
> 13561 did have the red end panels.
>
> Regards,
> Randy Danniel
> Mile Post 206 Publishing, Inc.
>
> --- In BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com, Mike Spoor <CBQRR@j...> wrote:
> > <locopainter215@y...> writes:
> > >Hello, I am painting 3 NE12's now and one of them is the scheme
> > >without the stripes. On this economy move, did the CB&Q leave off the
> > >
> > >red panels on the ends too? I cannot find a picture that has that
> > >angle on the waycar to show the ends.

Randy and others -

I am not operating from any secret store of research data, but from an
acqaintance with shop people through the years . . . the dates may be
meaningful on those photos -

In some shops, if a waycar had been delivered in the stripeless scheme, but
was shopped at a later date - and that shop styill had the scotchlite panels
in stock, the shop may have "retrofitted" what wasn't there before!

Marshall Thayer
Mt. Pleasant, IA

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/l.m7sD/LIdGAA/qnsNAA/8ZCslB/TM