[BRHSlist] Graphite

To: onequiknova@attbi.com,BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [BRHSlist] Graphite
From: okt@juno.com
Date: Sat, 23 Aug 2003 23:48:15 -0500
   Date: Sat, 23 Aug 2003 00:31:55 -0000
   From: "jt23_chitown" <onequiknova@attbi.com>
Subject: What paint to use for graphite.

  I'm gonna be painting an HO S-4 for my dad soon and would like to
know what paint you guys feel matches the graphite paint on the smoke
box and fire box the best. I know Floquil does or did make a graphite
colored paint, but it apeard too metalic and too dark to me. I was
thinking some type of gray.

Thanks, John.

I like the look of the Floquil mixed with white until it's gray.
I can send you some jpgs or you can look at the MKT and Frisco N Mikes I
did in that are in the photo files on the N steam list that were done
with this method. The two locos took 1st and 2nd in the OKC train show
contest the year they were entered.
Also, I found some "Oil and Graphite" from Scalecoat, haven't tried it
yet though.
Terry

Surf the web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511