Re: [BRHSlist] Way Freight

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Way Freight
From: "John D. Mitchell, Jr." <cbqrr47@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2003 21:28:28 -0700 (PDT)
Sorry to burst your bubble, but on the RAILROAD, LCL
is the standard abbrevation for less than carLOAD, CL
is the standard abbrevation for carLOAD. So says the
Freight Traffic Redbook, and every other reference on
the subject. I guess the old guys, way back, did not
know carload was not two words. BTW, the CB&Q Rules
and Instructions for Agents says it is Less than
Carload Freight, as does the CB&Q rules and
insructions for Conductors and Train Baggagemen.
John

http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/l.m7sD/LIdGAA/qnsNAA/8ZCslB/TM