Re: [BRHSlist] Way Freight

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Way Freight
From: "John D. Mitchell, Jr." <cbqrr47@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2003 07:58:06 -0700 (PDT)
Ralph
Short answer to your quesion is: A way freight or
"local" is a train that does pick-ups and set-outs of
cars enroute. In former times, they also delivered and
picked up LCL, at the various stations enroute. It is
opposite of a through train that runs from terminal to
terminal without changing consist. Don't fell bad. My
wife used to ask me, about twice a year, "What's a
local?"

The pipes in the picture were "pipelines" for the
manual interlocker.
John

http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511