Re: [BRHSlist] Re: CB&Q Proposed Steam - "D-8"

To: <BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Re: CB&Q Proposed Steam - "D-8"
From: "Charlie Vlk" <cvlk@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2003 16:30:45 -0500
Marshall-
I don't think these were rebuilds...there is no reference to "rebuild"
anywhere on the drawing.  The date on the drawing is obscured but it looks
like it was prepared when the D4s were too new to be a rebuild.
The steam chests are like the R4 and S1.
The D4s had 57" drivers, so the use of 52" is interesting.... were the D4s
slippery, that made the new loco go to the smaller size, or were these
intended to be transfer locomotives or hump power???
Charlie