[BRHSlist] Re;Mikes

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [BRHSlist] Re;Mikes
From: "run8gp30" <jacobsjc@basf.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2003 10:23:58 -0000
Marshall hit the nail on the head with his summary of Q steam. I've
heard people say the Q power was nothing special compared to say NKP
Berks or Pennsy K4's but it sure looked good and obviously worked
good to the people that ran and serviced them. John Lewis (aka
Burlington John) and myself both recently saw the 4960 and even with
the large Soo Line tender and all the cosmetic work she still had a
Burlington air about her.

I still wish I would have had the opportunity to pick my grandfathers
brain about the 40 years he worked in the Hannibal shops, Lord that
would have been great. The few stories I experienced were of M-1's
and S-2's not any O-5's or S-4's.

Regards
John C. Jacobs

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511