[BRHSlist] Galesburg Railroad Days, the Decision is:

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [BRHSlist] Galesburg Railroad Days, the Decision is:
From: "littlegiant_il" <harryg@galesburg.net>
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2003 21:40:21 -0000
This morning, the Galesburg Railroad Days Council met to consider,
among other things, Changing the name of the Festival from "Galesburg
Railroad Days" to something like "Galesburg Prairie Days." As you
know we worked to get e-mails and faxes in support of keeping the
Railroad Days name.

Well folks, the decision was, resolution tabled until the September
meeting to "allow for greater public input." I suspect the e mail and
fax messages were overwhelmingly in favor of RR Days. But that's life
when you are one vote on a committee.

Needless to say, the folks from the Galesburg Railroad Museum were
there in force and I got the impression that the vote, if held, would
have gone in favor of retaining the Railroad Days name and logo.

I got a look at the more than 40 letters and faxes received and,
almost without exception, ranging from a 3 page single spaced fax
from one of our BRHS members, to short and sweet, "let's keep it like
it is", they were well thought out and polite.

Anyway, this gives us one whole month for others to submit faxes, e-
mails or letters to the editor of the local newspapers.

Galesburg Chamber of Commerce
chamber@galesburg.org

Galesburg Convention and Visitors Bureau
visitors@visitgalesburg.com

Editor, Galesburg Register-Mail
140 South Prairie Street
Galesburg, Il. 61401
jpulliam@register-mail.com

The is also the alternative weekly which does quite a bit with
letters to the editor. You will love the name!

The Zephyr
251 East Main Street
Galesburg, Illinois 61401

editor@thezephyr.com