[BRHSlist] Re: Galesburg Railroad Days, the Decision is:

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [BRHSlist] Re: Galesburg Railroad Days, the Decision is:
From: "littlegiant_il" <harryg@galesburg.net>
Date: Sat, 23 Aug 2003 14:47:29 -0000
Good Morning all,

Several members have contacted me about why the big hoo-ra and
proposal to change the name of the 26 YO Galesburg Railroad Days
Festival, especially on the eve of the 150th anaversary of the CB&Q
arriving in Galesburg.

Some members of the Railroad Days Council (no relation to the elected
City Council, but an instrumentiality of the non profit, Galesburg
Area Chamber of Commerce) feel that the lack of participation by the
BNSF means that the name no longer accrurately describes the festival.
They don't have steamboats at "Steamboat Days" in Burlington,
Riverboats at "Riverboat Days" in Peoria, or Monmouth, is not
still "Prime Beef Center of the world" but it has it's "Prime Beef
Festival"!

I have a nice discussion of the politics of the issue that I posted
yesterday over on the "Galesburg Rails" Yahoo Group. If you are
interested, take a looksee.

BTW, my computer died this week and is in the shop. I am using my
wifes computer, but can't receive e-mail here. (She is afraid of
catching something). But I can send.  So if you want to speak at me
about this issue. Just post it on the Yahoo "Galesburg Rails" group.
I check it a couple of times per day.

Thanks for your support.

Harry M Grossman
Director, CArl Sandburg College
Galesburg Railroad Days Train Show

--- In BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com, "littlegiant_il" <harryg@g...> wrote:
> This morning, the Galesburg Railroad Days Council met to consider,
> among other things, Changing the name of the Festival
from "Galesburg

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/l.m7sD/LIdGAA/qnsNAA/8ZCslB/TM