Fwd: Re: [BRHSlist] Re: [Broadway Limited CB&Q 2-8-2

To: list BRHS <BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Fwd: Re: [BRHSlist] Re: [Broadway Limited CB&Q 2-8-2
From: "John D. Mitchell, Jr." <cbqrr47@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 14 Jun 2003 17:29:34 -0700 (PDT)
Charlie,
I don't think I am of the caliper of Hol Wagner, but
who is. I will tell you, I was around Q steam engines,
in service and never saw a red lead tender deck, but
then again, I'm not saying that some the roundhouse
foremen didn't do it, to some engines for corrosion
prevention, just like the cab roofs. Like the cab
roofs, the tank deck would get black, QUICKLY! BTW,
the roofs were red lead not mineral red paint. In any
event, the red lead on the tank decks was not a "paint
scheme" and not a mechanical dept. standard, however,
it was a good corrosion prevention idea.

John