[BRHSlist] roof color

To: "BRHS LIST" <BRHSlist@YahooGroups.com>
Subject: [BRHSlist] roof color
From: "John Trulson" <norskeviking@msn.com>
Date: Sat, 14 Jun 2003 17:37:38 -0700
Seal-send-time: Sat, 14 Jun 2003 17:37:39 -0700
I went through most of my books of Q steam and I agree none of the tender decks
have any color other than black. I like to use iron oxide for cab roofs as that
seems to be very close to what was used when new on some, they didn't last long
like that on the coal burners, but did fare better with those burning oil. Also
found some that still had black roofs late in life, although most of the photos
were of lines west engines. As to matching the red on the Walther's waycars, I
find that Accu-Paint chinese red is a perfect match. Being a solvent based
paint, some might not want to use it though. All this is just my 2 cents worth,
John.

http://us.click.yahoo.com/Lj3uPC/Me7FAA/ySSFAA/8ZCslB/TM