Re: [BRHSlist] Mark Twain Zephyr For Sale -- Inquiry

To: <BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Mark Twain Zephyr For Sale -- Inquiry
From: "Rail Merchants International" <caboose@k...>
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2003 22:48:57 -0500
Guys, we have the Mark Twain Zephyr for sale. It's great hearing so much
discussion on trying to restore and operate it again. The good folks at the
Claremont and Concord Railroad in New Hampshire plus the state of New Hampshire
are currently doing a great job rebuilding the MTZ's cousin, the Flying Yankee
( www.flyingyankee.com ). The train is about two thirds complete and the group
would appreciate any donations the Society or members might make.If you are in
New England please stop by and view first hand their fine craftsmanship .
Regarding the MTZ, we continue to work to save this important piece of
transportation history.We are currently working with the owners to move the
trainset to a secure yet accessible venue ( under consideration is our Rail
Yard Shops complex under development at the former CRI&P freight yard near the
CB&Q Chicago- Denver mainline in Fairfield, Iowa ). The cost of moving the
equipment is not cheap as the folks at IRM have indicated. We will keep the
group posted. We can be contacted either here or for detailed discussions you
may call me at 641-472-2020 . We are betting if a real effort is made to
restore this trainset some of the walk-a-way items may reappear. Regards, David
J. Thebodo Rail Merchants International www.railmerchants.net