Mark Twain Zephyr For Sale -- Inquiry

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Mark Twain Zephyr For Sale -- Inquiry
From: A Samostie <quahog@s...>
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2003 10:09:10 -0300
Dear Group,

I'm not a CB&Q fan per se, but a friend of mine brought a situation to
my attention that I wanted to inquire about.

Apparently most (if not all) of the original Mark Twain Zephyr equipment
is for sale, including the shovelnose power car (likely sans engine):

http://www.railmerchants.net/marktwain/index.html

Has any thought or effort been given to restoring this equipment, either
by BRHS or other groups? Has it been available for some time, or just
recently? Is the asking price beyond the realm of possibility?

Cheers,
Alan Samostie
<quahog at sprint.ca>
ELHS #3178