CB&Q EMD E5 Preservation, and CB&Q Alcos?

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: CB&Q EMD E5 Preservation, and CB&Q Alcos?
From: A Samostie <quahog@s...>
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2003 14:25:24 -0300
Dear Group,

I recall reading that one CB&Q E5 was preserved. Where is it located?
Is it operable, or "shell only"? Are there any others around?

Based on my scant knowledge of the CB&Q, it was pretty much an EMD-only
road until an order of GEs (U25Bs?) arrived in the 1960s... and I'm only
aware of the GEs because they sometimes operated through to Croxton /
Jersey City on the Erie Lackawanna.

I don't recall ever seeing an Alco road locomotive in CB&Q paint. Were
there any? What about switchers?

Cheers,
Alan Samostie
<quahog at sprint.ca>