Re: [BRHSlist] Mark Twain Zephyr For Sale -- Inquiry

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Mark Twain Zephyr For Sale -- Inquiry
From: A Samostie <quahog@s...>
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2003 22:46:51 -0300
Dear Group,

I am gratified that there is at least some interest in this discussion.
As I said, I'm not a CB&Q fan... but I figured the least I could do is
bring the Mark Twain Zephyr to your attention in case you hadn't heard
about it already. I was unaware that -any- of the original CB&Q Zephyr
streamliners still existed!

Even if the Winton engine has been removed from the power car (I'm
guessing it has), the ongoing restoration of the B&M / MEC Flying Yankee
(a Zephyr twin) proves that it is not an "impossible dream." Even if
parts are missing, even if it is beyond hope of restoring it to
operating condition, at least the stainless steel shells are intact.
That's far more than can be said for most classic streamliners.

Financial contributions, countless volunteer hours and technical
expertise are required... but it can be done. I hope it can... it would
be a shame for a real treasure of CB&Q heritage to be lost.

Cheers,
Alan Samostie
<quahog at sprint.ca>
ELHS #3178