Burlington "Transition" Green

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Burlington "Transition" Green
From: Paul/Celine Kossart <kozys@t...>
Date: Mon, 07 Apr 2003 15:25:31 -0500
Hi all,

I have acquired two SD-45 units in HO and wish to paint them in the white hockey stick on green and black scheme as I am modeling the CB&Q in fall of 1969, just a few months prior to the BN merger. I seem to recall reading somewhere a few years back that initially, the green used in experimental paint prior to the merger, was a somewhat different shade of green than eventually settled on - The one being eventually settled on was what is now known as Cascade Green. But what was this pre-merger green shade I am thinking of? I recall seeing over the years some BN looking models and photos of the prototype which looked to my eye as having a different, perhaps slightly yellowish shade of green. The color I am talking about looks similar to the following:

http://www.trainpage.com/tCa-Cm/images/cb&q519atmaybrook10-5-69.jpg

and seems to be a VERY different shade of green than:

http://archive.trainpix.com/BN/EMDORIG/SD45/6469.HTM

So what do you all think and more importantly, what color mix do I need to duplicate this "other" green on my models? Thanks very much for any info and help on this.

Paul Kossart - (The CB&Q Guy)
SEE YOU IN MENDOTA!