Re: [BRHSlist] Green Marked Coal

To: <BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Green Marked Coal
From: "Walter Ohrnell" <wohrnell@s...>
Date: Sat, 1 Mar 2003 17:04:38 -0600
I remember when growing up in Chicago the neighbors 2 doors from us used coal
to heat. The coal truck would pull up out front and the driver & helper would
carry what looked like canvas sacks over their shoulder and take them to the
basement. Could have been 1 bushel sacks?

While on the subject we had a three story apartment building on the other side
of us. The coal was delivered in a Mack truck (chain driven) and was conveyed
into the coal room through steel doors in the walls.

And last I almost killed myself one night working the 3rd trick at Fairfield,
IA. I went down and shook the grates and pulled the clinkers. I had so much ash
flying around and ingested it I could hardly breathe for a couple of hours.

Lenny