Re: [BRHSlist] Green Marked Coal

To: <BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Green Marked Coal
From: "Myron & Lois Dudenbostel" <myroloi@e...>
Date: Sat, 1 Mar 2003 18:49:39 -0600
From: "Walter Ohrnell" <wohrnell@s...>
To: <BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Saturday, March 01, 2003 5:04 PM

> I remember when growing up in Chicago the neighbors 2 doors from us used
coal to heat. The coal truck would pull up out front and the driver & helper
would carry what looked like canvas sacks over their shoulder and take them
to the basement. Could have been 1 bushel sacks?

> While on the subject we had a three story apartment building on the other
side of us. The coal was delivered in a Mack truck (chain driven) and was
conveyed into the coal room through steel doors in the walls.

> And last I almost killed myself one night working the 3rd trick at
Fairfield, IA. I went down and shook the grates and pulled the clinkers. I
had so much ash flying around and ingested it I could hardly breathe for a
couple of hours.