Re: [BRHSlist] E-5 Stainless Steel Panels

To: <BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] E-5 Stainless Steel Panels
From: "Charlie Vlk" <cvlk@a...>
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2003 09:27:21 -0600
Everything from 9900 through 9908 and the E5s were, of course, stainless
steel.
(Although some photos, especially of the Twin Zephyrs, seem to suggest that
they had temporary steel (or at least non-polished stainless) panels for a
time).
The entire structure of these were stainless steel.... not steel with
stainless panels applied like on E7, E8 and E9s.
One of the main reasons (besides cost on the part of the Q) that the E5s
were the last units is that the fabrication of Stainless Steel for the nose
and other contoured areas was much more difficult than regular steel
(couldn't use Bondo!!).
Charlie