Interurbans in Q Territory

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Interurbans in Q Territory
From: William Barber <clipperw@E...>
Date: Wed, 8 Jan 2003 10:43:30 -0600
I frequently travel MO route 19 southwest of Hannibal. As the road travels southwest, there is evidence of a RR line along the north side including a depot at Center, MO, and a bridge abutment a little further west. Most of the RofW is obliterated so the line has been gone for many years. I suspect that it was an interurban line running west from Hannibal to ?. Does anybody know the name of the RR, where it went, when was it abandon and if a website exists concerning its history?

Bill Barber