Re: [BRHSlist] Interurbans in Q Territory

To: "brhslist" <brhslist@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Interurbans in Q Territory
From: <metcalf@a...>
Date: Wed, 8 Jan 2003 14:13:27 -0700
I think what you're seeing are remnants of a steam short-line, the St. Louis
& Hannibal which ran from Hannibal to Perry. An interurban called the
Mexico Santa Fe and Perry built from Mexico to Molino in 1908 in an attempt
to connect the town of Mexico with the St. Louis & Hannibal at Perry. In
1915 the interurban's name was changed to the Mexico Investment and
Construction Company and it was extended from Molino to Santa Fe. It was
abandoned in 1917 and torn up in 1918. I don't when the St. Louis &
Hannibal was abandoned.
See George W. Hilton & John F. Due's The Electric Interurban Railways in
America.
Norm Metcalf, Boulder CO