Re: [BRHSlist] Re: Crawford Tower

To: <BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Re: Crawford Tower
From: "Russell Strodtz" <vlbg@e...>
Date: Fri, 3 Jan 2003 08:10:42 -0600
LWA,

> The last time I was down along the PDC riverfront was last spring.
> The track along the river (north of the fertz plant) appears to
> be in very good condition.
>

> > The scale down by the riverbank was the one from La Crosse.
> > Sold for personal profit by a BN Trainmaster, as were that bunch
> > of carbodies from derailments that are scattered around that area.
> >

> As in he pocketed the coin? If so, he certainly did not survive?
> Then again, he may have been promoted!!

Even though he was from the Firsco he did not survive. Next stop was
the CCP where I was told he had to leave under threat of prosecution
for similar indescretions. That is between him and his conscience.
"Judge not, that ye be not judged".

> > It is interesting that the BN/BNSF, WICT/WSOR, and Prairie Sand
> > and Gravel all use that trackage from the interchange to the end of
> > track without any timetable reference to the fact that all three could
> > be out there at the same time.
> >

> Thanks for this posting. I did not realize the BNSF owned the
> track beyond a point in the transfer. The transfer, as I recall,
> has a rather sharp curve. I also seem to recall a split rail
> detail? Or, are these on the WSOR mainlines to protect the
> diamond. I shall have to check next time I am up there and soil
> conditions permit.

Split point derails are on the WSOR mains to protect the diamond.
The interchange track switch is outside the derail protected area.
Diamond and power switch are in same control point. With permission,
WSOR reverses both derails and CTC does conflict check and then
clears signal at whatever side they are sitting on. BN/BNSF
Dispatcher just puts a block up for rules compliance but the system
would work either way.

Russ