Re: [BRHSlist] Re: Crawford Tower

To: <BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Re: Crawford Tower
From: "Russell Strodtz" <vlbg@e...>
Date: Thu, 2 Jan 2003 07:55:43 -0600
For what it's worth, the former MILW is owned and at times even
maintained by the BN/BNSF from the switch of the interchange
track to the crossing at the North end of the fertilizer plant.
It was my understanding that Prairie Sand & Gravel owns from
that point to the end of track downtown.

The scale down by the riverbank was the one from La Crosse.
Sold for personal profit by a BN Trainmaster, as were that bunch
of carbodies from derailments that are scattered around that area.

It is interesting that the BN/BNSF, WICT/WSOR, and Prairie Sand
and Gravel all use that trackage from the interchange to the end of
track without any timetable reference to the fact that all three could
be out there at the same time.

Russ