Re: [BRHSlist] Re: Crawford Tower

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Re: Crawford Tower
From: LaVerne Andreessen <LWAndreessen@f...>
Date: Thu, 02 Jan 2003 09:54:13 -0600

Russell Strodtz wrote:

For what it's worth, the former MILW is owned and at times even
maintained by the BN/BNSF from the switch of the interchange
track to the crossing at the North end of the fertilizer plant.
It was my understanding that Prairie Sand & Gravel owns from
that point to the end of track downtown.

The last time I was down along the PDC riverfront was last spring. The track along the river (north of the fertz plant) appears to be in very good condition.

The scale down by the riverbank was the one from La Crosse.
Sold for personal profit by a BN Trainmaster, as were that bunch
of carbodies from derailments that are scattered around that area.

As in he pocketed the coin? If so, he certainly did not survive? Then again, he may have been promoted!!

It is interesting that the BN/BNSF, WICT/WSOR, and Prairie Sand
and Gravel all use that trackage from the interchange to the end of
track without any timetable reference to the fact that all three could
be out there at the same time.

Thanks for this posting. I did not realize the BNSF owned the track beyond a point in the transfer. The transfer, as I recall, has a rather sharp curve. I also seem to recall a split rail detail? Or, are these on the WSOR mainlines to protect the diamond. I shall have to check next time I am up there and soil conditions permit.

LWA