Re: [BRHSlist] Albia, Hiteman and points north

To: <BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Albia, Hiteman and points north
From: "Nicholas Pitsch" <pitschni@e...>
Date: Sat, 14 Dec 2002 00:42:03 -0500
I show:

Albia-Knoxville (Albia, Knoxville & Des Moines) built 1875
Knoxville-Des Moines (Des Moines & Knoxville) built 1880

Albia-Hamilton (Wabash) abandoned 1934
Hamilton-Tracy (CB&Q) abandoned 1934
Tracy-Runnells (Wabash) abandoned 1964
Swan-McCoy (CB&Q) abandoned 1964

.. the Wabash's Albia-Des Moines line was built by the Wabash 1881-1882.

It would appear some kind of connector would have had to be built between
Swan and Runnells to make this all work.

N. L. Pitsch