Re: [BRHSlist] Re: New HO models

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Re: New HO models
From: Aeolus3@a...
Date: Mon, 9 Dec 2002 09:20:23 EST
RTR vs Kits......

One of my grips about the RTR is the fact that you still have to take the
cars apart to change out couplers and wheel sets, ect. Walthers has a couple
of people builging their RTR's that mash the truck and coupler screws so
tight the kingpins are mushroomed out! But for the most part I'd rather build
them myself.

I know the one thing that I wish Walthers would consider on their really fine
passenger cars is this..... not all the interiors are tan! <G> But hat's off
to Walthers the passenger cars they're producing are top notch.

I talked to our local newspaper to try to get them to put in an artical about
the club's open house. The reporter I talked to told me that model
railroading is a "dying" hobby. Now I don't agree with that. With all the new
models being produced, I don't think Walthers, Bowser, Broadway, Athearn,
Accurail, Life-Like, Kato, Branch Line, Brass Importers, and all the other
compaines that I haven't named here are producing brand new HO Models "just
fot he fun of it"

Loren