CB&Q Ladies Auxiliary Hannibal MO

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: CB&Q Ladies Auxiliary Hannibal MO
From: PSHedgpeth@a...
Date: Thu, 5 Dec 2002 11:27:34 EST
Any of you guys read REMINISCE MAGAZINE...living in the past as I do, I'm an
avid subscriber and occasionally they have some good RR stuff.

In the most recent January/February 2002 issue, just arrived, inside the
front cover in the WELCOME TO THE GOOD OLD DAYS is a two page spread of 20
women dressed in identical overalls and jumpers each holding identical
trainmen's lanterns (appear to be red globes). The ladies all appear to be
quite young 20-40.

I can't really tell, but from the small portion of the two windows showing in
the background the photo may have been taken in a railroad type building. My
guess is that the photo is circa 1920's.

The description of the photo reads in part: "While these ladies were not
railroaders, they were wives of railroading men and members of the Chicago
Burlington & Quincy Railroad Ladies Auxiliary in Hannibal Misouri".

Orville III if you're on here you might want to get a copy and see if any of
the old timers around there recognize anyone.

Pete