Re: [BRHSlist] Re: New HO models

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Re: New HO models
From: rgortowski@a...
Date: Mon, 9 Dec 2002 00:06:22 EST
In a message dated 12/8/02 1:14:34 PM Central Standard Time, cvlk@a...
writes:

> We live in Good Times when we can choose to trade dollars for our ever-more
> precious time... I don't share in the dismay (not saying you are wailing
> and
> knashing your teeth, but just in general) over the spread of RTR....not
> with
> the quality level that we see now (better than most of us can do ourselves)
> and the shift from having to build every car and locomotive to spending
> time
> actually getting layouts running!

Charlie,

Agree with every you say here. I'm just irritated that especially brass
manufacturers have gone to only set groupings with set names/numbers/paint
schemes. Take it or leave it. What if I want more coaches or sleepers? What
if I want Silver Something Else? What if I want more than two roadnumbers?
Sometimes you even have to pay for the fancy paint scheme and then strip the
whole car and repaint it yourself.

I think that RTR is great, but I wish you still have an option to buy some
unpainted things. Fortunately, I have enough stuff to paint to last me the
rest of my life ;-)

Rich