RE: [BRHSlist] CBQ donating land for US-based WWII POW camps?

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: RE: [BRHSlist] CBQ donating land for US-based WWII POW camps?
From: David Fiedler <David.Fiedler@L...>
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2002 11:01:48 -0500
Thanks, everyone, for the insight on my question.

The regulations in place tied to the 56 F degrees annual mean temperature
were only in effect through 1942 and early 1943, thereabouts. As time went
on, a number of camps were built in Iowa, Minnesota, Wisconsin, as well as
in New Hampshire and other eastern states that were considerably cooler than
the earlier guideline would have permitted.

Thanks again, and best regards-

David Fiedler