Re: [BRHSlist] Yates City-Canton-Lewiston

To: <BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Yates City-Canton-Lewiston
From: "Tom Barrett" <barrett@g...>
Date: Mon, 27 May 2002 14:43:21 -0500
I grew up in this area, I live in Galesburg now, my model railroad
will represent the Q during the 1960's and their coal hauling practices,
though not a good enough modeler to model the exact representation of this
area it is more along the lines of getting the feel of the times and
operation. I grew up about 10 mile from Lewistown and was back down there
last year, their isn't much left, the mines are all gone and the
International Harvester shop at Canton was set on fire and is mostly nothing
but foundation, one might try the Canton Library, the Lewistown Library, and
their is a old railroad museum in Lewistown but don't know when it is open
for sure, I know a guy who is involved with it. The original depot in
Canton is still standing, and they are trying to restore the depot in
Lewistown, If you want to talk more free to email me off list, it was a very
interesting operation for being in such an isolated area. Tom Barrett
barrett@g...