Burlington Bands

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Burlington Bands
From: Don Zinnecker <dzinnecker@j...>
Date: Tue, 21 May 2002 20:31:14 -0500
Tim Fleck wrote: Bill, That must have been the Lines East Band. I
believe as I have the banner for the Lines West Band
from Lincoln. Can anyone shine any light on Q Bands ?
Tim and List: The Lincoln Municipal Band will begin its summer season
of (free) concerts in Antelope Park on Sunday evenings sometime in
mid-June. The band claims to be the direct descendent of the Burlington
Railroad Band in Lincoln.

I wasn't around when the Burlington Band existed in Lincoln, but I can
tell you the Lincoln Municipal Band is a fine group. My wife and I drive
from Omaha to Lincoln to attend these Sunday evening concerts whenever my
work schedule allows. Those of you who live in or near Lincoln ....come
check it out!

Also, while not a Q band per se, the Naperville Municipal Band has been
directed by BRHS member, O scale modeler and lifelong Burlington fan Ron
Keller for many years. It's another excellent group (although I'm a bit
biased). Free concerts in Naperville are every Thursday evening
throughout the summer.

-Don Zinnecker (trombone player and former member, Naperville Municipal
Band)

P. S. 'Anyone interested in recreating a Burlington band? Would anyone
out there possibly have the music....or even programs listing the pieces
that the Burlington Bands played?