Galesburg Junction Names

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Galesburg Junction Names
From: GEU30CG@a...
Date: Tue, 21 May 2002 22:26:50 EDT
Hello Everyone,

I am trying to get my CTC panel planned out and wondered about a couple of
names used in the Galesburg area for Junctions. . .My era is the later 60's.
I want the names used then.

1) The split where the Savanna, (Quad Cities) line joins the Chicago Line on
the East end of town over the Santa Fe. Did it have a name?

2) Was there a name for the split just west of the depot where the passenger
bypass (toward Graham) and the three tracks head toward Willis Yard?
(Academy Street maybe?) Just east of the 4th street bridge close to the old
freight house and old Coach Yard area. I am _not_ talking about the junction
currently called "Quincy Main."

Thanks for your help. . . Trying to get the layout ready for an open house
July 13th. All are invited. . . Email me if you are interested in directions
on how to find my place.

Darren Ferreter
Cedar Rapids, IA
GEU30CG@a...