Re: [BRHSlist] Re: Coal tower sizes?

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Re: Coal tower sizes?
From: Randy Gordon-Gilmore <zephyrus@r...>
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2002 22:10:23 -0700
At 09:14 PM 4/6/02 -0000, liljop wrote:

>take on coal, as in mid run tower. then smaller towers would be
>used at outlaying terminals and on branch lines.

Warren, thank you so much for your reminiscences! I'm too young to have
seen any steam in revenue service, and there has never been a railroader in
my family until my youngest brother hired on with BN just as they were
becoming BNSF, so I really welcome your "rambling"!

The "flavor" of the branch line station is what I'm really after, so along
with Ken's more rigorous calculations I will go with the smaller tower.
This little shelf layout will (hopefully) become a branch station in a
larger layout someday.

Thanks again for your memories.

Randy

zephyrus@r... http://www.rickadee.net/~zephyrus