RE: [BRHSlist] FW: Riverside, Illinois

To: <BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: RE: [BRHSlist] FW: Riverside, Illinois
From: "Charlie Vlk" <charlie@k...>
Date: Mon, 8 Apr 2002 11:19:57 -0500
Harold-
You are probably correct. Sanborn, not being the CB&Q, would not have any
interest in accuracy of the tracks beyond their orientation to buildings for
insurance purposes (can a car derail and hit the building?) but since the
Sanborn Map is the only source that has surfaced to date that shows the
Riverside roundhouse and trackage, and the arrangement is logoical and jives
with what we do know, it is at least something. If you, or anybody, has
Valuation Drawings for the Aurora Division that show the arrangement, or
track arrangement drawings from the 1880s, we would be happy to see them!
Charlie