RE: [BRHSlist] Red Color of BR Herald

To: <BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: RE: [BRHSlist] Red Color of BR Herald
From: "Charlie Vlk" <charlie@k...>
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2002 07:58:43 -0600
John and List-

That explains it. I had heard that a red the CB&Q used was identical to the
Santa Fe warbonnet red. It didn't seem right to me that Chinese Red and the
ATSF were the same, but I can easily see the Red Border around the Herald
being the same. That would also verify my perception of a color difference
between the Chinese Red bodies and the herald.

When the nose striping on E units went from Black to Red, was it the Swift
Red or Chinese Red? The Red arrow stripe was always red.... I guess if the
red changed it too would be Chinese Red.
I imagine the F units stayed Swift Red to the end.

Charlie