Re: [BRHSlist] Chicago's winter of 1967

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Chicago's winter of 1967
From: cy svobodny <ctsvobodny@y...>
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2002 22:45:29 -0800 (PST)
if my memory serves me right Chicago got 23 inches of
partly cloudy dumped on them. La Salle(RI) station
only had 1(one) track open for days R.M. rocket did
not run for days. My folks were returning from lost
wages and had to take a bus from Omaha to Minneapolis
on some very icy roads. RI had not run since tue. and
they returned on fri. to no eastbound Omaha to Des
Moines to catch the KC Rocket. Twin Cities got a ice
storm that covered everything with about 1/2 inch of
ice. made for fun driving. could tell lots of stories