Re: [BRHSlist] Red Color of BR Herald

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Red Color of BR Herald
From: BNJohn@a...
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2002 15:38:05 EST
In a message dated 1/28/02 2:23:20 PM Central Standard Time,
charlie@k... writes:

> John-
> Yes, Chinese Red and Santa Fe (Indian???) Red are supposed to be the same
> color. But I think there is a difference in the delivered color of the BR
> red in heralds (Decal, Scotchlight, and other media.....not sure how many
> painted color heralds there were except for maybe wood waycars). May be
> just color matching and differences in material, but I'm color blind and I
> see contrast between the Heralds and Chinese Red body colors...
> Charlie
> (oh goody, another "what color were F units thread"!!!)

No No, were not going there, I show that Swift Red, Indian Red and Santa Fe
Red as all being the same color. All the SF Reds have the same DPS numbers
and code numbers. As for Chinese red I show a different DPS number and
different code numbers. I went down to the dungen and got out both of my
samples and there is a difference in the shades, the SF red is a deeper Red
than the Chinese Red. I show 8 other roads using SF Red on Trim, Stripes and
Heralds.
Just my two cents worth.

John Lee