Re: [BRHSlist] Train Station Products Passenger Trucks

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Train Station Products Passenger Trucks
From: Aeolus3@a...
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2002 07:28:46 EST
In a message dated 1/22/02 12:55:05 AM Eastern Standard Time,
rkeil6721@h... writes:

> The reason for the question
> is that Train Station Products is about to release the 41-N/41-D
> commonwealth trucks which look dead on for wha the Q used.

Which Burlington Diner are you talking about? Prewar or Postwar? If you are
using the Walther's car to do a post war diner you don't want to use
41-N/41-D Commonwealth Trucks. The trucks used on the Walthers Budd cars is a
standard Budd Truck used on most of Budd's postwar equipment. Exceptions
being (there maybe more) the Burlington Gallery Cars and the Full Domes built
for the Sante Fe and GN. I have used the Train Station Products Budd Truck on
my Budd GN and NP Equipment with very good results.

The Budd pre war cars used a General Steel Casting truck (if memory serves)
which does look sinilar to a Commonwealth Truck. Perhaps there are others on
the list that can give you more exact information.

Loren Johnson