Re: Burlington Route calendars

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: Burlington Route calendars
From: haywarb@b...
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2001 15:44:08 -0000
FYI

For 2000 & 2001, Avalache Publishing (www.avalanchepub.com)has issued
its "Over The Rails" calenders with RR poster art from the collection
of California's Huntington Library.

2000 featured Burlington's "shovelnose in the snow passing a wood
waycar" and also the "Aeolus, shovelnose, & steamer". Posters from
other RRs also included.

2001 again featured Burlington's "shovelnose in the snow" and other
RR's posters.

The 2002 version again features Burlington's "Aeolus, Shovelnose, &
steamer" along with other RR's posters.

Maybe those 2 Burlington posters are the only posters in the
Huntington collection.

I would certainly buy 2 copies of any BRHS calender with the classic
Burlington calender art.

I always prize the annual BRHS calender and appreciate the efforts of
our members to make it happen.

Bill

--- In BRHSlist@y..., "Charlie Vlk" <charlie@k...> wrote:
> Gee, maybe a calendar of calendar art would make a good BRHS
project!!!
> Charlie

Aoelus,
> > an early Denver Zephyr, and a steam engine I think. As Charlie
> > mentioned the artist showed some ghost like images in the sky and
> > this theme was also used in some following years. 1939 was the
night
> > time meeting of a Zephyr and a steam engine with what was
probably
> > the Chicago skyline in the background. The Zephyr is passing
under a
> > signal bridge. There are also some industrial buildings in the
> > background. 1944 was the Pioneer Zephyr celebrating it's 10th
> > birthday and it has ghosts of the many Zephyrs in the sky. 1941
had
> > the Zephyr passing the way freight's red wooden waycar in a snow
> > storm. This is one of my favorites. 1942 had the soldiers
unloading
> > a red BR boxcar into an army truck, with a Zephyr motor sitting
> > beside it. 1943 was the lady powdering her nose and using the
shiney
> > nose of the Zephyr as a mirror. There are red caps in this
picture
> > which seems to be under a train shed. 1940 was the Silver King
at
> > dusk with a green signal on the track beside the Zephyr. Another
one
> > of my favorites. 1945 had the cowboy and the farmer watching
> > several trains go by. 1946 was the dome shot of the first
Vistadome